Breaking Dawn Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Dawn Village

A little further away from Sphinx, a small town on the coast, is the unheard of Breaking Dawn Village.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please vote for the Student Council by writing your chosen names on ballots in the Great Hall
School trip shall take place once the student council has been chosen ~~ please vote wisely!

What if ...? Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Castella
Admin
Castella

What if ...? Discussion Empty
PostSubject: What if ...? Discussion   What if ...? Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:26 pm

So I re-read the entire Twilight saga yesterday. I woke up early in the morning and didn't finish until two a.m? - But anyway, back to the point.

While I was reading, I was also consulting my diary of the year I read Twilight, at the beginning of 2008. My sister had seen the book in Waterstone's, and had left it in the corner of her room after she'd read it.

Of course I didn't hear about it until my mum read it, a month or so later, in February. At first she told me I was too young too read it at the time, me being 11 years old, but I convinced her after reminding her I had read half of her Barbara Cartland collection by the time I was nine.

The first time I read it, I was hooked. I started reading it when I went to bed, and only stopped at three in the morning to go to sleep.
I loved it, I thought it was super romantic! I was Team Switzerland, totally in love with Jacob, attracted to Edward and crushing on Jasper in the far corners of my mind.

But ... now that I've re-read it - I still love it of course, but I've just realised two things.
Twilight, is actually about plain old lust, and secondly, what if there were no fantasy?

I mean ... lose the vampires, the wolves, the magic ... it's just a normal thing that happens everyday.
Hey, my older sister was once stuck between choosing a really hot guy two years younger than her and a tall, Norwegian looking guy who looked like Hercules, for crying out loud!

So what do you think? I've been slightly put off, but that's mainly because Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon and I've had a rather traumatic past with them :s

Just ... go have a look at those four books on your bedside table, and read them in depth. It's just not half as amazing as it was when you read it for the first time, is it?

Please reply and give me your opinions!
Cass
Back to top Go down
http://youmustbemadtowanttoreadaboutmylife.blogspot.com/
Opal Cullen
Lethal cupcake-sized Bloodsucker
Opal Cullen

Immortality Info.
Physical Age: 16
Power: Telepathy
Mate: N/A

PostSubject: Re: What if ...? Discussion   What if ...? Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:38 pm

In my opinion,Stephenie Meyer is NOT the most talented writer even been...
She's nothing compared to Joan Rowling
I mean,she saw the whole thing in her dream!!!

I first saw the movie,in 2008 then read the books,only Eclipse and Breaking Dawn
And sadly,I'll have to admit I didn't love them...
The reason I'm a fan of the Twilight saga is the awesome character of Alice Cullen
Why?Probably because she's my alter ego...I see myself in her,both in her outer appearence and in her personality
Then,I'm team Jacob because he's so cute <3 and I'm in love with Jasper Hale,I'll have to admit.He's such an amazing vampire.
The other two characters I like is Leah Clearwater and Victoria

I strongly dislike Bella Swan,she annoys me so much
And Edward,well he's too good to be true
I prefer the movies...I admit it

The Twilight saga is definately not a masterpiece...
If you take out Alice,it gets really boring,don't you think so?
This is what I think...it's just a book to read at the beach or before going to bed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/opalsward94
Castella
Admin
Castella

PostSubject: Re: What if ...? Discussion   What if ...? Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:10 pm

I know, right? Alice adds so much more ... spice to the array of characters, other than Jacob and Jasper, in my opinion. I mean, the rest of them are ... pretty average.

Edward in my opinion is far to much of a Prince Charming character. And he's too perfect!! If you've read the books, and being an ex-mormon, you'd also be able to see that the "good" people are represented by the vampires - clean, pale, the symbol of ultimate perfection.

And the werewolves actually represent the Lamanites, the "unclean, gone astray, devil worshippers" ... but that's from a Religious point of you.
What's actually most interesting is how she makes Renesmee
Spoiler:

But if you're not a Mormon, you won't really understand what I'm talking about, and plus that's only the religious point of view.

But anyway. I'd read the books again, definitely, but only when I'm bored. Opal, I didn't know you'd only watched the films first. That's quite interesting, I mean, most "Twilighters" read the books and then the film, and are proud to have been with it since the beginning, when no one knew about it.
Back to top Go down
http://youmustbemadtowanttoreadaboutmylife.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if ...? Discussion   What if ...? Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if ...? Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breaking Dawn Village :: Salon :: The Books-
Jump to: